If you feel like you are in immediate physical danger, please call 911.
Domestic Violence Intervention Services (DVIS) offers services for all those affected by intimate partner and sexual violence regardless of race, religion, sexuality, immigration status, age, etc.
- Call the DVIS 24-Hour Information & Crisis Line (918)-743-5763 or (918)-7HELP.ME to speak with an advocate. They can help you create a safety plan that prepares you to respond or flee a possible/current crisis situation. Along with this, we can help you find resources specific to your situation.
- Text the DVIS Help Line from 8 PM-1 AM. Text SAFE to 207-777 to speak with an advocate over text. They can help you prepare create a safety plan that will help you in crisis situations.
Abuse can happen at any age, and it affects people from all walks of life. Domestic violence can be physical and/or psychological. Different types of abuse include but are not limited to physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse, spiritual abuse, stalking, and technology abuse. With abuse in later life, the abuser may be a spouse, partner, caregiver, or family members.
Abuse in later life may look like:
- Having your money or property taken from you
- Having your cane, walker, hearing aids, or wheelchair taken from you
- Being threatened or hurt
- Being hit, pushed, strangled, kicked, or punched
- Having objects thrown at you
- Having your signature forged on documents
- Being neglected
- Having medications, food, water, or other things that you need withheld from you
- Being kept isolated from friends, family, loved ones, or faith activities
If you or a loved one is experiencing physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse, spiritual abuse, stalking, or neglect, you are not alone. Help is available:
|24-Hour Information & Crisis Line||DVIS|
|24-Hour Crisis Line for Native Americans||StrongHearts Native Helpline|
|Where to find the closest crisis center/shelter||Oklahoma Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
|Where to file a protective order, get legal support in custody and divorce cases||DVIS Legal/Family Safety Center|
|Legal support for naturalization and immigration cases||YWCA|
|Mental Health Resources/Services||Mental Health Association of Oklahoma|
If you think you or a loved one may be in an abusive situation, reach out. DVIS offers services for all survivors of intimate partner and sexual violence regardless of race, religion, sexuality, immigration status, age, etc. We believe you.
You can also get more information by texting our 8 PM-1 AM Text Line: Text SAFE to 207-777