DVIS Media Contact:
Domestic Violence Intervention Services (DVIS), a Tulsa Area United Way partner agency, is the only nonprofit agency in Tulsa, Okla., and the surrounding communities providing comprehensive intervention and prevention services to men, women and children affected by domestic violence. The DVIS mission is to rebuild lives affected by domestic violence and sexual assault through advocacy, shelter, counseling and education.
DVIS offers a 24-hour information and crisis line 918.7HELP.ME (918.743.5763), hospital support to victims of sexual assault, counseling, transitional living, emergency shelter services, legal services, and numerous outreach and community education initiatives.
Please note: Because of the confidential nature of our organization, we are unable to disclose directly or indirectly that any person is a client. Also, the location of DVIS’ shelter and transitional living apartments are confidential.
- Domestic violence (Services for victims, offenders, effects of domestic violence on children)
- Sexual assault (Services for victims)
- Adult victims of sex trafficking
- Stalking (Services for victims)
- Teen dating violence
- Protective orders
- Safety planning
- Advocacy for rape exams
- Safe use of technology (texting, computer use, online dating)
- Court advocacy
- Healthy relationships
- Education for pre-teens, teens and adults
- Legal services
- Creek County services (counseling for victims, perpetrators, children and court advocacy)
*We have expert sources for all of the services we offer.
January: National Stalking and Human Trafficking Awareness Months
February: National Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
April: National Sexual Assault Awareness Month
October: National Domestic Violence Awareness Month