If you’re interested in making a difference in the lives of those affected by domestic violence and sexual assault, then DVIS is interested in you!
Bilingual Court Advocate+
SUMMARY OF DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides technical assistance and advocacy to persons filing for Emergency Protective Orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing assistance and advocacy and offering moral support to victims of domestic violence filing Emergency Protective Orders and victims filing criminal charges associated with domestic violence and/or violation of Protective Orders.
- Responsible for providing information to callers about filing Protective Orders and criminal charges associated with domestic violence and/or violation of Protective Orders.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison between judges, clients and DVIS.
- Responsible for reviewing the court process with clients.
- Responsible for conducting safety planning with every client to determine risks and goals. Assisting victims in incorporating this information into Safety Plans.
- Responsible for making referrals for services, as needed, to various agencies; i.e., law enforcement, DVIS Shelter, Legal Services, Department of Human Services, etc.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork and data entry as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or related degree preferred, or equivalent work experience with victims of crime.
- Minimum two years experience working with victims of crime and/or domestic violence preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
DVIS prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, spiritual beliefs, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic with regard to any terms and conditions of employment.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position for which you would like to be considered in the subject line of your email.
Domestic Violence Intervention Services, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
4300 S. Harvard
Tulsa, OK 74135-2608